NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh the camelina oil and place in glass pyrex cup (preferably 64 oz.). Add 2 oz. emulsifying wax and heat in microwave until the wax has completely melted (about 60 seconds).
- Remove and stir to dissolve any small wax pieces.
- Fill the empty measuring cup with 25 oz. of distilled water.
- To water, add 2 oz. bamboo extract and 0.5 oz. silk amino acids and stir.
- Carefully pour the water into the warmed oil and wax. Gently stir.
- For mixing, you can either use a stick blender or a hand mixer. We prefer a stick blender as it will emulsify your lotion quicker.
- Taking the stick blender on low, begin to blend the lotion. You will see it quickly thicken up. Turn off stick blender.
- Add 0.5 oz. vitamin E, 0.5 oz. fragrance and 5 ml of optiphen plus.
- Continue to stick blend. The optiphen can thin out the lotion, but it will thicken back up as you continue to stick blend and the lotion cools.
- Once the lotion reaches a nice consistency, you can begin filling jars. Place empty jar on scale and tare to zero. Fill to about 1.75 oz., repeat until all jars have been filled.
- Let product cool completely and then place lids on.
- Label product accordingly.
- Directions: Gently rub a small amount of lotion on your face and neck. This is light enough to wear under makeup, if desired.